Image copyright Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty Images
It was a very worrisome week for fans of Marvel Comics legend, Stan Lee.
The 95-year-old was admitted to the Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles following a “significant health scare” on Wednesday 31st January.
However, thankfully, Stan Lee has been released from the hospital shortly thereafter, apparently feeling fine and actually downplaying the actual severity of the incident.
Talking to ABC Los Angeles, Lee said;
“All I really want to do is tell you that I’m feeling great. I figured a little check up wouldn’t be bad for me. And in fact it turned out to be pretty good, it got me a lot of publicity.
I’m feeling good now and I can’t wait to get in there and tangle with all the competition. It’s nice to know that somewhere in the world there are still people about what I say or do.”
Health conditions affecting Lee are nothing new, as “The Man” cancelled two appearances in Ohio back in 2012, revealing that he’d had a pacemaker fitted. He was also rushed to hospital in 2015, but was still able to attend the red-carpet premiere for Ant-Man the very next day! Most recently, Stan cancelled appearances at Big Apple Con and Salt Lake City Comic Con’s FanX.
Thankfully, this latest incident doesn’t appear to be slowing Stan Lee down as he told KABC that he plans to “resume his normal schedule this weekend”, travelling and meeting with fans.
Of course, last year, Stan lost his wife Joan B. Lee, which hasn’t been an easy time for the legend. However, he’s still going strong and is expected to make his iconic cameos in upcoming Marvel movies including Black Panther, Deadpool 2, and Avengers: Infinity War.
Stan Lee joined Timely Comics, which would later become Marvel Comics, in 1939. Alongside fellow comic book icons such as Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, Lee helped to create some of the most recognisable characters in comic book history, including the Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man, the X-Men, and famously, the Fantastic Four.